Emily applies broad public health and nutrition expertise, strong writing skills, and a passion for wellness as she serves health-, food- and nutrition-focused organizations such as nonprofits, government agencies, health professional associations and societies, research and educational institutions, foundations, and advocacy groups.
Emily embraces every project with a can-do attitude, determined work ethic, and commitment to excellence and integrity. She takes a proactive, organized approach that is tailored to each client’s needs, timeline, and budget.
Research and Analysis
Emily assembles, evaluates, and translates research and data to generate insights that inform policy and practice.
- Conducting literature reviews and issue analyses
- Gathering, organizing, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data
- Analyzing proposed policies and assessing stakeholder positioning
- Collaborating with expert groups to synthesize research and develop policy and practice recommendations
Science Writing and Editing
Emily writes and edits various types of scientific and technical content.
She can help with:
- Writing peer-reviewed journal manuscripts, symposium/conference proceedings, consensus reports, position papers, technical reports, white papers, research and issue briefs, and data syntheses
- Drafting regulatory comment letters and comment letters for federal advisory committees
- Reviewing and fact-checking existing materials for scientific accuracy and alignment with current research
- Editing all types of written content for style and structure, as well as copyediting and proofreading
Emily has developed various types of educational, evidence-backed content for diverse audiences including consumers, healthcare professionals, academics, and policymakers.
- Website articles, blogs, and newsletters
- Continuing education courses and resource toolkits for medical and health professionals
- Proposals and abstract submissions for scientific conferences
- Charts, tables, graphs, and slide presentations
- Infographic copy and social media messages
- Fact sheets, talking points and Q&As, model testimonies, letters to the editor, and op-eds
With a background in theater, Emily is comfortable in front of all types of audiences. She enjoys preparing and delivering engaging in-person or web-based presentations.
View work examples
Ready to work
Health and nutrition expertise, delivered with excellence and integrity.